Sunday, August 7, 2011

SUNNY SUNDAY

Woke to a sunny,warm morning on this Sunday. Checked the rain gauge for yesterday's rain total and wasn't surprised to see less a tenth of an inch in there.
Church was good this morning and we had 4 people join today,one young man to be Baptized.
Everyone made it to lunch of grilled pork chops or chicken breast, fresh green beans,corn,potatoes, fried okra with cottage cheese fruit salad for dessert.
After we ate Hubbie had to be at a Deacon's meeting at 3, don't know why they moved it up that early.
We all visited until he got home then Hubbie and I went by and picked up bro and sis-in-law and headed over to daughter's house to meet up with her and both son's and g-son to unload the frig and put some blinds up in the garage.
Hubbie and I went back over to bro-in-laws house and had a nice visit with them and niece and her son.
We didn't realize it was after 7 pm before we left.
After chores back at home we relaxed for the rest of the evening.
There was thunder in the distance but today was not our turn for rain either,maybe tomorrow!
I still can't shake this head cold completely and have decided that I had better get back on a regular exercise routine even in my busy life right now.
Starting in the morning I am going to begin my walks early enough to be comfortable before the heat bears down.
I enjoy these walks very much but just got out of the habit and now must make myself get back into the habit without any excuses !!

Grateful to God for all His blessings on my family.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Gail said...

I missed dinner!!! That just make me hungry reading about all the fresh food.

You are blessed with rain, small though it was, family to surround and help, and an extended family through your church group.

Have a blessed day.