Saturday, May 9, 2015

CRAZY MAY WEATHER

The Saturday before Mother's Day market sales were disappointing this year. I did have a decent day so I am thankful, just not as good as I expected from the last couple years totals on this day. I even had a dozen banty eggs left that didn't sell and usually the fresh eggs are the first things to go.
The neighbor, Steve, who's wife also bakes had a worse day than me and wasn't happy at all.  That's how it goes in here, and you can never tell what sales are going to be regardless of what day it is.
I bought this Iris from one of the market neighbors ,I don't have any this color and love this peach color.
I hope it likes it's new home just outside my sunroom door.

After market I went to Ingles, Aldi and the farm outlet for food and baking supplies for tomorrow's lunch and the coming week. There wasn't a lot of traffic anywhere I went today so maybe folks are spending the weekend staying at home with the mothers.
When I got home hubbie was finished with the lawn mowing as parts of it didn't need mowing today with the dry weather.
We unloaded and put things away then went outside to do some weed pulling. I put on some thick gloves and pulled poison ivy from a couple of my flower beds. After I finished I came in and washed my entire arms and gargled with some Listerine mouthwash in case some of the poison juice got in my mouth. I had a really bad case of poison ivy when I was in my teen age years and since then I haven't had any real bad break-outs, I'm hoping that built up my immunity to it.
After chores we grilled a couple steaks and tried out a couple ears of the fresh corn I found at the farm outlet today, it was delicious. I love fresh corn on the cob ! We also grilled some asparagus to go with our steak and corn. It was really good and hit the spot on this busy Saturday evening.
We spent the rest of the daylight hours relaxing in the covered patio. We watched these guys search for their supper down in the trees. These are young Pilated woodpeckers.



We came inside as darkness took over. I caught up on April's month end figures , which were pretty good thankfully to hopefully get this season off to a good start.
As I listened to the news of the weather all across the country I am very glad to live between these two stormy weather systems right now. Don't know where or if they will meet, hopefully they won't.
Out in the plains states they have been hit with the gammet of bad weather in the last couple days. Tornadoes have devastated parts of  several states.

Hail stones the size of baseballs or larger has pounded parts of Texas breaking out windows and doing severe damage.
There was so much hail in parts of Colorado that the snow plows had to be called out to plow it off the roads.
Flooding has been a problem in many areas and one woman drowned in her own under ground storm shelter as a tornado came with the flooding rain.
Up to 18 inches of snow has fallen in areas of Wyoming and surrounding states creating traveling nightmares for unsuspecting drivers.

And to the East of us is now "tropical" storm Ana who is predicted to make land fall some time tonight along the northern SC coast with most of the damage going to the southern NC coast.
Yes !!  I am very thankful tonight to be looking at he moon in a clear sky, at least for now !!
God has all things under control and I rest in the peaceful care and love that He has for His children.
Good Night and God Bless.









1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi there, Just stopping by to say “Happy Mother’s Day” to you. I’m sure you are having a fabulous day. I celebrated yesterday when one of my sons and his beautiful wife came to see us….

As you probably know, we’ve been out-of-town this past week and I haven’t done any blogging much at all. I hope you enjoyed my two Tulip blog posts while we were gone——and be sure and tune in tomorrow morning to find out what we’ve been doing this past week….

Hugs,
Betsy