Sunday, May 10, 2015

WONDERFUL MOTHER'S DAY 2015

The temperature in the van on the way to church this morning set the tone for this hot, summer like day.
At least the air conditioning in church was turned up higher today and I saw no fanning with the bulletins.
We had our Mother's Day honoring ceremony and all the mom's got carnations from our kids.

 After church we had a very nice cook out lunch with everyone. Hubbie grilled hotdogs and hamburgers for a nice easy lunch. These two were patiently waiting for lunch.


Re wanted some pics of the kids out in the yellow buttercups in the pasture.
Daughter took my camera out to try and get some good pics.
 EL was more interested in handing out the pretty flowers than posing for a picture as she brings me mine.
Of course the kids didn't fully co-operate but they got a few nice pics.
After we ate everyone had a nice relaxing visit just the way a Sunday should be.



A surprise rain storm came up and caught part of us in the outside covered patio and part of us on the front porch. It rained really hard but only for a short time leaving only about 2/10ths inch in the gauge but it cooled it off nicely.

 El wanted a drink of rain water to cool off on this 86 degree afternoon !!
#1 son and g-son got into a came of Lacrosse . Well g-son's version of the game anyway, haha !! Notice the ball going behind his dad's head !!
These are my Mother's Day gifts and I love them all. new towels and pot holders  for the kitchen, a blue bird wind ornament and a mom charm for my Pandora charm bracelet and a bigger clasp so it is easier for me to get it on. Thank you all for a wonderful Mother's Day, couldn't have been any better.

I am so blessed it is hard for me to believe some days, and today has been one of those days. I am forever grateful to God for placing me with the folks HE has.
I am also grateful to be in the part of the country that isn't experiencing bad weather on this Mother's Day. It is odd to be talking about two different  storms, one a tropical storm and one a winter storm on the same day.  That is the case on this Mother's Day as the "V" winter storm, Venus , is hammering parts of the upper mid west with up to 2 feet of snow.
And on the flip side we have the first tropical storm of the season as Ana dumps heavy rain and high winds on the North Carolina  coast.

This has been another active day also in the tornado alley states as another fatality in Texas was reported.
 I wish for all the mothers out there that their mother's day was everything they wanted it to be and more.
Good Night and God Bless.










1 comment:

linda m said...

I am so happy you had such a nice Mother's Day. I did get a phone call from my son who lives in GA. Our weather was cool and rainy - grateful we aren't getting the snow. Blessings