Wednesday, May 6, 2015

SEASON'S PROGRESSION

As the birds singing outside the open bedroom windows gave me my wake up call this morning I stretched and thanked God for being able to live in a place where all this is possible.
After chores and breakfast I took a nice walk. Caught Mr. Bluebird hard at work again but the picture didn't turn out as good as yesterday !!


It always fascinates me how all nature seems to evolve into different seasons within the seasons.  As the beautiful spring blooming Azaleas drop the beautiful blooms and the lawn is strewn with the Cottonwood's purple flower buds the time to move into the next phase is evident.


Replacing the spring blooms are the fruit of the trees, bushes and vines around the farm.
The Plums survived the cold snap and are the fartherest along.

The pears, peaches and apples are also looking like a bumper crop.



The Blueberry bushes are loaded and the grape vines that bore so many grapes last year are flourishing once a gain.

It is time for Chive Blossom vinegar making. I make this by snipping the blossoms off along with some of the fragrant chive stems and adding them to a quart of white vinegar. I put the lid on tightly and place the jar in a dark place for about a month before straining the vinegar into another jar.

The pots of Marigolds I planted last night look good in their new homes.

I came inside and tackled my baking for the day. I baked 6 caramel, 3 chocolate, 3 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake before having lunch.
The sunshine called to me loudly and  after lunch I sat out for a good dose of vitamin D. It felt so good I dozed off and luckily was awaken by the barking dogs when a squirrel came into the yard. I'm afraid if not for them I would have gotten quite a sunburn !!
I came inside , dusted the house, vacuumed and mopped all the floors since I missed this chore last week it really was necessary to get it done this week.
Hubbie came home and helped me finish so we sat on the front porch and waited for the floors to dry in the perfect 80 degree evening air.
I did the chores and then carried all the plants out of their winter residence in the downstairs , watered them and found outside summer homes for them.  Crossing my fingers that the last of our freezing weather is over !
Hubbie helped with the heaviest ones and we just made it inside to catch Survivor at 8:00 on TV.  Neither of us had eaten any supper so we watched the show while we ate our supper.
After the rest was over it was off to ice my cakes , get things ready for market and then do weekly paperwork to finish out a busy evening about midnight.
My plan was to ease my bedtime a bit earlier but on days like today there just doesn't seem to be enough hours in the day for me to get things done.
An end to a blessing filled day complete with lots of thankful prayers and admiration of all God's creation is as fulfilling as the beginning as I lay and listen through the open windows to the peeper frogs that lull me to a quick country living sleep.
Good Night and God Bless







No comments: