Friday, May 8, 2015


Up and out on another beautiful morning. After chores and breakfast I went on my walk. The yellow Iris has joined the first purple blooms in this bed.
These burgundy ones beside my sewing shop are pretty this year.
 The Hosta are doing well even with the recent dry weather we are having.
 This Rhodie doesn't have many blooms yet this year .

I cut this Clematis back pretty severely last fall so I'm glad to see it putting out at least a few blossoms.

When I see these little Fleabane Daisy's blowing in the wind I always think of the old timres who would wait for these little blooms to snip them and stuff them into the feathers of their mattress and pillows to repel fleas, bed bugs and other insect pest.
I saw my first Rose bloom this morning as this Rose bush #2 son dug up at his new house last year started to bloom.
The wild Roses or Multi-Flora Rose also have some fragrant little blossom.
The pastures are seas of yellow Buttercups this time of year.
As I walked down the drive way toward #1 son's house I heard this guy calling to his mate as he played "King of the tree top"  !!

I love these morning walks when I feel closer to God as I look around at all His beautiful creations and know that He loves all His children so much to bless them with such beauty.
I carried water to all my new plants and flowers this morning with sweat running off me I thought the humidity was surely higher today than recently with the outer bands of tropical storm Ana ,who is still sitting off the coast, reaching all the way up here.

Back inside I gathered all my baking supplies then waited for Re who was coming to pick me up so we could go out to the high school where daughter teaches to meet her at the FFA plant sale. We always  try to support these kids by buying some of our vegetable and flower plants from them. I came home with 2 1/2 flats and 2 hanging baskets. Some of the flowers are d-in-loves.
Re and daughter did their bit for supporting the cause also !!
More setting out work and then more water carrying work !!
After a quick lunch I set in to baking. This being Mother's Day weekend there will probably be good business tomorrow.  I baked 6 caramel,1 coconut and 6 pound cakes before the ovens were turned off at 4:00 for a long day of baking.
D-in-love brought g-son by on her way to Asheville to shop as he wanted to stay here instead.
He was hungry so I got him settled and then had a short rest myself before hubbie got here from work.
Re came over with the kids for a while. El and g-son emptied out the remaining freeze pops from the freezer to cool off after blowing bubbles.
I did the evening chores a bit early with the sky dark and threatening rain but it never came.
After supper I iced all my cakes and got things ready for market.
Grateful for the strength that God blesses me with each and every day as I go through this wonderful life He gives me.
Good Night and God Bless. 

No comments: