Friday, May 15, 2015

HONEYSUCKLE SWEET MEMORIES

These cool mornings make it harder to crawl out of that warm bed and begin the day.
The clouds are low this morning, hopefully bringing thirst quenching rain.
After chores and breakfast I took a walk down to d-in-love's house to turn off the flat iron she had fixed her hair with before work this morning.
As I walked I smelled the sweet aroma from these wild Honeysuckles blossoms.


 As I picked one and sucked the sweet nectar from the little tube it took me back to my childhood and the joy I always got from finally tasting this sweetness after a long cold winter.
My roses are really doing well this year.

These dark pink colored ones are the ones #2 son and I transplanted from his house last fall. They are loving their new home apparently.

I had company this morning while Re and little EL went to the grocery store this little guy came to take his morning nap at my house. 
I got to try out my new swing and he looks like he enjoyed it.
When EL spotted the play set slides laying on the ground she was immediately begging for the construction of the new play set. Mom put the set together  and she had to get in a few quick slides.


Turns out all the things I bought I found very good uses for already this morning.

I had lunch after they left before starting my baking for the day. I baked 12 caramel cakes, 2 chocolate and 4 pound cakes.
After I finished I thought I was going to get a vitamin D break but the clouds had other ideas and had moved back in after the sun had won the battle most of the day.
I caught up my blog book reading and then with the clouds still hanging around decided to upload some photo's to be printed since Walgreens had a sale on prints. This takes longer because I have to check the cropping on each one after they are downloaded.
Hubbie came in from work before I was finished with this and took a nap in the recliner.
After regular chores I irrigated my garden plants !  This is my irrigation method, haha !!!

We did some measuring to see where we could move the new playset to up around the covered patio so we could relax there while the kids play.
I iced all my cakes and got things ready for market.
Bernie (the dog) has been having a really hard time with the pollen this spring and has coughed all day so I spent some time on the internet tonight looking for things that might help him. I found an OTC allergy drug called Chorphenirimine that the vets were prescribing for dogs and I found the dosage for a small dog so I will try to find some of this tomorrow.
This is the obit for Earl Williams , hubbie's uncle who died .R. I. P. Earl.

In much happier news of the day , the local Blue Ridge Community College had their graduation tonight and my nephew Mark was among the graduating class of 2015.
He is the third from the left in this picture.   So proud of him, as he earns his degree in Criminal Justice Technology.


Grateful for the blessings of this day and praying for Earl's family tonight, may they seek comfort in the Lord Jesus Christ.
Good Night and God Bless.

No comments: