Monday, May 25, 2015

MEMORIAL DAY 2015 and A NEW CAR !!

Memorial Day.  Thanking all the soldiers who gave their lives for my freedom and their families for sacrificing their loved ones for our country.
Up early to get things done and meet at the Honda dealership to drive the new Pilot they have.
Hubbie and I arrived at 9:40 and it was waiting to for me to test drive. I liked it, the way it drove and the feeling of safety I felt in it.
After seeing the sticker price of $37,850 I figured we were wasting more time. The first deal the salesgirl brought back was $34,850, to which I said no.  I made them an offer of $31,800 because that is what the GMC dealer got down to a couple weeks ago on the Acadia I drove. The Acadia was the very low end , with cloth seats and no sunroof or many options this Pilot had. This was an EX-L Pilot which is the top of the line with leather seats and sunroof plus all the other options.  I figured if I could get this top of the line Honda for what they wanted for the bottom of the line Acadia I would be alright. I didn't have much hope that they would come down that much.  But they did !! So I now own a brand new Honda Pilot.

I am glad my car shopping is over !!!
It took four hours to buy this car !!  We stopped by Ingles and grabbed some ribs on the way home.
We fired up the smoker as soon as we got here and put the ribs in and some chicken breast Re had thawed out.
While they smoked I got laundry started then moved everything from my Pontiac Montana, which will be for sale shortly, into the new Pilot. I love all the pockets and spaces to put things to keep them out from under my feet.
Everyone started arriving about 6:00 and we got all the sides ready and everything was delicious. We had the ribs and chicken along with fresh garden salad, corn on the cob, french fries,baked beans and sweet tea followed by a lemon honey poke cake that Re made and this berry covered cookie crust pie that daughter made with iced tea , yummy !!!
EL thought dessert was the best thing about the meal !!

Everyone made it tonight except #2 son who was golfing today with all his friends who also had the day off.
These two played and played.......




The sky clouded over and the cool breeze that was blowing nixed the water fun we had planned for the kids but we are hoping the clouds bring us some rain overnight. However just as in the last couple weeks so far as I type this at 11:00 the rain has went all around our area.
I am getting an earlier bedtime tonight for another early morning tomorrow.
I want to close with heartfelt thanks again for all who fight and have fought and died for our freedom.
THANK YOU  is not enough !
Good Night and God Bless.








1 comment:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had a really fun day, with good food, family and all the 'fixins'. Sorry you didnt get any of the rain....I think we got ours and yours too. Enjoy the rest of the week.