Saturday, May 30, 2015

SLOW MARKET SATURDAY

Off to market early this morning. Hubbie followed me to help me get set up then took an extra wheelbarrow over to daughter's so when the kids she hired to do some yard work get there they would have it to haul mulch in.
He was stopping by Sam's Club then heading home to hopefully get the lawn mowed before the clouds that are building bring rain and storms this afternoon.
Market was slow today but I am thankful for what I did sell. My camp orders start next week so that will keep me busy all summer.
These Japanese Iris were a big seller today for a neighbor vendor. I would love to have some of them but don't have a wet enough place to put them.
Loved this color.....

Most of the venders at market packed up and headed out early today from the lack of business and the heat which built inside market badly with the 80 degree humid air outside.
I left a few minutes early and stopped at Sav Mor and Aldi for baking supplies and groceries.
I also made a stop at the farm outlet for fresh corn and beans for tomorrow's lunch.
Hubbie was just finishing the lawn when I got here and after we unloaded he worked on the mower and I took a break out in the sunroom.
This is my favorite flower pot right now with all the different colored blooms going on.

Re called and brought the kids over and we grilled hamburgers and hotdogs for supper for everybody tonight.  #1 son was helping Aa over on Aa's property.
The kids all enjoyed being together for the evening.

Baby BB was infatuated with g-son and watched him while g-son and EL watched TV.
I love these impromptu gatherings !
Daughter sent me this picture this morning as she and b-friend Josh drove to a park in Saluda .
I asked her if it made her want to jump on a tractor and rake hay ???  She said no but it surely did bring back memories.  All three of our kids were driving tractors and raking hay long before they were driving age. I kind of miss hay time but don't miss the stress of trying to beat the rain or the stress of pulling a large trailer filled with hay rolls around on the highways, which was my job !!
Grateful for the wonderful blessings of this day.
Good Night and God Bless.





2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry the day wasnt too good at market yesterday. I know you enjoyed having the little ones, and all, for supper. Hoping you have a good day, and maybe everything will get watered with rain.

linda m said...

The flowers are really pretty. Sorry you didn't have a good day at Market yesterday. It must be so nice for you having all the little ones over. Blessings