Monday, June 29, 2015


Set the alarm a little early this morning even through there are no kids coming this morning. G-son who is usually here on Monday's spent the night with a friend ,Walker Mains, from church last night and his mom will  to pick him up on her way home from work. They just live up the road from us.
Re who was scheduled to work last night, wasn't needed so no EL or BB today either.
After chores and breakfast hubbie and I loaded all the rugs and heavy quilts in the Honda and went out to the laundry.
Hubbie helped carry everything in and then left to go check out a sale at the World of Clothing just up the road while I took care of the laundry.
I got all the extra large machines so it didn't take long for me to get everything washed and the quilts and un-rubber backed rugs dried in the large commercial dryers.
Hubbie came back just in time to start loading things up. It usually only takes about an hour and is well worth the time to get all these washed at once.
I hung all the rubber backed rugs out on the lines when I got home to dry in this nice sunshiny day.
Daughter came by and helped hubbie groom Bernie. My back gives me fits if I sit that long holding him so hubbie helps her groom Tipper, her dog and she returns the favor with Bernie.
I got regular laundry started and also did the rest of the month ending extras. July is red,white and blue month and I got some of the re-decorating done today between 4 loads of laundry.
This is one of my spring flea market finds. Bernie seems to really like this one !!
It matches with the other quilt I cover the recliner with pretty well.

 By the time I had time to take a break the clouds were growing pretty dark and threatening so I gathered the already dry rugs off the lines and put everything away.
G-son did make an appearance here today while his mom went shopping this evening. He came in the door giving me his supper order. He has switched from mac and cheese to roman noodles.
Wonder what his next favorite food will be.
After hubbie and I ate supper we worked in the garden. I pulled up all the remaining pea vines and striped all the peas from them before giving the chickens their green treat for the day. There wasn't near as many peas as last year and we have only had them for a meal once. I had this 1 small bag to go in the freezer tonight to finish off the pea crop for the season.
I carried water to all my potted plants tonight, grumbling all the way about why I plant so many flowers each year and then have to carry water to them.
Hubbie and I had a nice relaxing time after g-son's dad picked him up and then headed to bed early to begin again tomorrow.
Today at a local sandwich shop called Harry's  our congressman Mark Meadows accompanied republican presidential candidate Mike Huckabee. There were lots of folks crowded into the small eatery for a chance to shake hands with Mr. Huckabee.

This is Carolyn Serano, one of my fellow Curb Market vendors talking with the candidate.
He is a retired minister , I think he would be very good for our country but I also think for that very reason he has a very slim chance of getting elected. So sad !!
I am surely comforted with the knowledge that God is ultimately in control and that no matter who is president He  is still King !!!!
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

linda m said...

We are indeed going through some very trying times in this world and most certainly we must believe that God is in control. Some times I find it difficult to allow God to be in control but then my Faith kicks back in and I "let go". I agree with you about Mike Huckabee. I think he would make a terrific president but his being a retired preacher will be a deterrent in this election. May God bless you.