Friday, April 15, 2016


G-daughter didn't sleep long this morning and I barely had time to get the outside chores done before she was a wake and wanting her breakfast before I had mine.
She was playful this morning and had a good time in her entertainment saucer while I sewed this one camo apron up to keep my quota of at least one sewn item per day.

I started baking after this and made 6 caramel and a pan of lemon bars along with some very soft peanut butter fudge.

Just before lunch g-daughter went to sleep while playing in the saucer, it was so cute I can't believe I didn't take a photo of her.
I picked her up and put her in the crib where she got a good hour nap before she ate.
We were headed outside after lunch for a quick look around at all the beautiful blooms. This used to be the large beautiful Azalea that covered part of the front porch each year but when we put the new porch on and the overhang didn't let rain get to it this plant moved itself out into the rain but it has a lot of growing to do to get back like it used to be.

The Money Plant is blooming all around the yard and is really tall this year.
 These two pretty Azaleas escaped any burned blossoms from the frost as they and protected by a large Holly tree.
We didn't stay out long because the bright sunshine and 60 degree temp was a bit misleading with the cool breeze that made jackets necessary.
 She was ready for another bottle and her long afternoon nap when we came inside. While she slept I cleaned the sunroom and vacuumed and mopped the floor out there.
D-in-love came in about 4:00 and woke g-daughter from her 2 hour nap. She stayed here until she had to meet some friends for a birthday outing for her and several of her friends who share April birthdays. D-in-love is on the left in back row.

G-son and I played outside for a long time this evening. He had fun doing all kinds of different games. It reminded me when he was very young and I would say if he would play inside while I got my work done we would go outside and play whatever games he could think of. That is what we did today and he had a blast and I will definitely sleep well tonight !!!!
 It has been a long time since I have seen him in this wagon !!

#1 son came in from work and had supper with us before taking the two kids home to get ready for bed.
I did evening chores and then iced my cakes and got things ready for market tomorrow.
To catch up the decade pic for the month this is another oldie from April 1936. Two of my maternal aunts report cards at the end of that school year which back then was in April.

Thankful for the strength that God gives me each day to get out and play with the grand kids and get all that I do done each day. I could not do any of it without the blessings from my Heavenly Father.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: