Tuesday, April 26, 2016

CATCH UP TUESDAY

Hubbie took today off to help me catch up on some put-off task that have been calling my name lately.
G-daughter didn't want any more sleep after mom dropped her off at 7 this morning so he got up with her so I could catch a few more zzz's to start the day.
After I did chores and had breakfast we loaded up the Honda with all the rugs , bed spreads and furniture covers that needed to be washed and headed out the road to the near by laundra- mat.
As I have said before I don't like washing these in my washer and taking them all to the laundra- mat at once only takes about an hour and a half every three months or so.
This little cutie wanted to help !!!

With hubbie there to help it only took a little over an hour to get everything washed and everything dried except the rubber backed rugs that have to be hung on the clothesline to dry.
G-daughter was happy about getting to watch all the activity outside today.
She is very vocal when she is happy !!
The weather today is perfect for line drying but is a little hot for this time of year as the thermometer reached the low 80's and the humidity level is going up feeling more like summer than spring ! The entire south is having a record breaking heat wave through the end of the week.

After we had lunch g-daughter went down for her nap and I did housework. While she was still sleeping I went over to my friend/beautician's shop to look for a wedding hairstyle and get my eyebrows waxed. Markeeta and I found an "up-do" that I like and that I have enough hair to do. So I made my appointment for the morning of the wedding. It's hard to believe the time is coming so quickly.
Back home g-daughter was up from her nap so the three of us sat on the front porch and waited for d-in-love to get off work.
After she left I got the loppers and cut down some privet bushes that are getting to big on the hill in front of the house and cleaned out a couple flower beds.
Hubbie decided to go ahead and plant some tomato plants a friend had given him. Hopefully we won't be having to cover these up .
After he got them planted he tilled between the rows of vegetables we already planted. Nothing is growing much right now with the extremely dry weather we are having.
This evening clouds moved in and we hoped we would get a shower but no luck here.
RoHo as we have named the older Blue Orpington rooster that is running loose around the farm decided to roost just outside the dog lots so hubbie made him a little roof so he wouldn't get wet in the rain !!  Yes all our animals are spoiled !!!
I think he is pretty smart choosing this roosting spot since with 2 dogs right there the preditors are less likely to come after him during the night.
I did weekly paperwork tonight and payed bills to try to spread out some of my Wednesday night work to make it easier and help me get to bed earlier every night.
Thanking God for the blessings of the day and for the grace He shows me each day.
God Bless and Good Night.






1 comment:

linda m said...

Seeing all those rugs drying on your clothes line brought back a flood of memories. Most people today don't even know what a clothes line is. G-daughter sure looked happy outside in her saucer. Blessings