Tuesday, April 12, 2016

BEAUTIFUL SPRING DAY

Expecting a rainy day I was surprised to wake to sunshine and only a splash of rain in the rain gauge.
G-daughter went back to sleep and slept until after 9am giving me time to do the chores and have breakfast.
She then sat in her high chair and watched me close three of the pillows I stuffed last week.
EL came to have lunch with us while brother went to the doctor. G-daughter is always so excited to have company !!
EL spent a lot of her time here watching this Dove on this nest right outside the living room window.
 It is very hard to take a pic through the window screen !!
After she left g-daughter went down for her afternoon nap. I did housecleaning while she slept and got started downloading my April decade photos.
When she work up we took a nice break out in the nice mid 60's afternoon.There is no wind today and it feels pretty comfortable out here in our long sleeves.
I am very thankful for our nice weather as some SC neighbors got a major hail storm this afternoon with over a foot of hail measured in Pickens, SC.
It was pajama day at g-son's school today,
After the kids left I delivered a cake to a customer at Ingles.
After chores hubbie grilled us a couple little steaks while I sauteed some kale greens and we had a very good healthy supper.
G-son had soccer practice this afternoon and d-in-love sent me these pics of the little "soccer sister" and g-son with his team. He is kneeling in the black top and blue shorts.

I talked to #1 son who was home sick today with one of his stomach attacks and a really bad head cold. He went to the doctor and got some medicine for his stomach and was feeling better thankfully.
After supper I took a walk around the farm taking in the beautiful green colors of spring. Love this time of year.

 On a sad note for today our Curb Market lost another long time member today as Phyllis Rhodes lost her battle with cancer today. R.I.P. Phyllis you will be missed.


 Seems each time I look at the weather forecast there is a "new" weather term being used. What is an "Omega" high ????   Guess we will find out this weekend because it seems to be sitting right on top of us !!
Strange weather is becoming more the normal and that is a scary thing !!
 I am glad God is in control and I rest in the peace that He knows best and nothing happens without His knowledge !!
And as for me the Lord's blessings far outweigh any fears.
God Bless and Good Night. 








1 comment:

linda m said...

I love your pillows and thank you for sharing your sights of Spring. I am still waiting for it here. Tha Omega High looks really scary - glade God is in control. Blessings