Friday, April 29, 2016


G-daughter was a little "out of sorts" when she got here early this morning. She did finally go back to sleep and took about an hour nap. While she slept I took advantage and did a Yoga morning stretching tape online to see if it would help with all my aches and pains that the day brings. The one I choose only had three different stretches but remarkably made me feel much more flexible to begin the day. I will try a different tape each morning next week until I pick a favorite.
I used to do Yoga every morning and I remember how much more energized I felt to start the day.
When g-daughter woke up I did chores and had breakfast then fed her breakfast. I filled this little "sucker" with fresh banana today and she loved it. It was a little messy, note the banana on top of  her head.
After we ate she played while I got started on my Friday work day. First I kept up my sewing for the day with these 2 jean aprons. I am thankful that I already had most of these jean aprons and sashes cut out from last season. It is way too hot these days to work out in my sewing shop even by mid morning !!!  85 degree days do not belong in April !!!!
While I was downstairs Bernie managed to push the stair gate aside enough to squeeze through and he was followed by (blind) Dolly who fell all the way down the stairs. I heard her fall but couldn't get there before she landed at the bottom. She was very dazed but otherwise appeared unhurt. She must have a cat's nine lives !!!  I held her until she gathered her senses and is sore but shows no other injury.
I spent the rest of the morning and early afternoon baking cakes. I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 2 pound, 1 blackberry wine and a pan of lemon bars.
 G-daughter had her lunch then after the ovens were turned off she had her bottle and went down for that afternoon nap. She has always been a happy dreamer !!!!
Even with the smiles she slept fitfully like something was really bothering her. I hope it isn't anything serious, bless her little heart !!!
D-in-love brought Haley home with her to play with g-son this afternoon but after a very short playtime g-son slumped in a chair not feeling well and was chilling as if getting a fever. He said his throat has been hurting all day.
After they all went home I worked on downloading my last three months of 2015 blog book on a new book making site called Blog to Print. It looks like it will work well but because it says my book is too long for one volume I need to call Monday to find out how much too long and what I can do to shorten it.
I did chores and then spent the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
Thanking God for all the blessings of this day and praying that the grandkids aren't too sick .
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

Betsy Adams said...

Hi There, Hope your granddaughter isn't getting sick. Since grandson has something, she may also... Poor babies... We hurt when our kiddos hurt.

I know you are getting excited about the upcoming wedding... What JOY.... I'm so happy for your daughter and her man.

A few month's ago hubby and I started getting up early (about 5 a.m. now) to walk on the golf course before the golfers get there... We HATE getting up ---but once we are up, the walk (2 miles) is SO energizing. AND--we love seeing a beautiful sunrise... Praise be to God...