Sunday, April 3, 2016

RESTFUL SUNDAY

Thankfully for all the pretty blossom and the early fruits the temperature this morning was 32 at least at our house !!  There was however a really thin skim of ice on the water buckets so earlier it may have been colder.
After chores I had plenty of time to have a leisurely breakfast today as we have beef stew already simmering in the crock pot and a cake of cornbread already made for lunch.
The sermon this morning continued in 1st John 2,15-27 .
We had #1 son's family and Aa's family for lunch and #2 son came in a little later for the left overs.
I played with g-daughter for a little while then g-son begged me to play outside with him for a while. The nice sunshine is misleading with the wind that is still blowing causing it to stay cool all day.
After we played batting a ball back and forth to each other about an hour he got thirsty and hungry again so we came inside.
I made  a cup of hot green tea and had some almonds and then an orange to replenish my energy.
As I was walking back into the living room I suddenly got really sick to my stomach and after a bathroom trip laid down on the bed,hoping it would pass as quickly as it had come.
Hubbie got me an ice pack and I felt a little better. after #1 son's family left hubbie went on to his Deacon's meeting. All alone and in the quiet house I fell asleep for a short nap. When I woke up about 30 minutes later I felt fine.  This is the second time I have had a short sick spell like this but I am just very thankful that it passed leaving me a little draggy feeling but otherwise fine.
When hubbie got back from his meeting we did chores then he gave Bernie a haircut. I just didn't feel up to standing that long and helping.
There was one more chick under the Silkie mama this evening making 5 so far with 2 eggs still unhatched. These were all green egg layer eggs.

They are starting to want to investigate their surroundings to the dismay of mama !!

As I walked back to the house I smelled a lovely aroma and when I looked for the source I discovered it was these Holly tree blooms. I never knew they smelled so good !!!


Our weather is on a roller coaster right now with spring trying to break through but winter not wanting to give up his grip just yet.
The "U" winter storm Ursula was named today. Fortunately she is a very northern storm and predicted so far to stay that way.
I am feeling more and more like a truck has ran over me this evening so I am off to an early bedtime to get rested up for a busy Monday.
Thankful for the blessings of this day and grateful for a wonderful church family.
God Bless and Good Night


1 comment:

linda m said...

I sure hope you are coming down with something. The flu is still going around due to the crazy weather. Your Silkie babies are so cute. Blessings