Wednesday, April 13, 2016


Up to greet g-daughter at 7 then after she went back to sleep I did chores and had breakfast. When she woke up I got her settled in her high chair with this new frozen fruit pacifier that her mom got .
She loves the the cold feeling on her gums where the teeth are trying to come through.
While she entertained herself with this I sewed these 3 pillows together.  The quilted curtain valences made nice pillows as I thought they would and I found this tennis player pillow front in my shop last week.
I spent the rest of the morning baking cakes , I baked 6 caramel, 2 chocolate, 4 pound cakes, some brownies as well as a trial run of some more fancy tube bread for little sandwiches.
After lunch g-daughter took a nap and I did some housecleaning while she slept. It makes it a lot nicer to have her sleeping in the crib in the playroom as I don't have to worry about being quiet as I work.
As I cleaned in the living room I saw the first Dove egg in the nest outside the window just under this azalea bloom.

When g-daughter woke up we took a walk outside in this beautiful day. It still is a bit breezy and temperatures in the low 60's but it is nice with long sleeves. She loves the outside and loves this comfortable ride !!!
While she watched I swept the wood shavings from the stack of winter firewood away from the downstairs doors and pulled some weeds from the patio.
When d-in-love came she stayed and let g-son and Haley,the girl that is in his class that comes home with them sometimes to wait for her dad to get off work play a rousing game of "net-less" badminton.

 After they left hubbie and I planted our early lettuce, greens,peas, turnips,beets,swiss chard,radishes and even some rutabeggars. This is the last day until later next week that the moon is favorable for any above ground planting so we figured we needed to get these planted.
It was almost dark when we finished the chores and headed inside. As I walked by the dog lots I saw these 2 little juvenile Doves that have been hanging around this area for a few days. Thankfully they were settled on top of the dog lot.
I have been putting bird seed out on the ground since I saw them and hoping they were okay so I was glad I saw them tonight. They are very young but can fly a short distance as evidenced by the 6 foot high roof they were sitting on !!
Hubbie and I had a late supper of steak from the pressure pot and grilled asparagus.
I did weekly paperwork then iced cakes and got ready to go to market. I got in bed right at midnight.
Thanking God for the blessings of this day and for the wonderful care and protection He gives all His creatures and children.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: