Tuesday, May 17, 2016

BACK TO THE REGULAR ROUTINE

Back into the regular routine this morning with g-daughter arriving at 7am. She talked and jabbered for awhile before dropping back off to sleep until 9:30 today. She must be very tired from all the excitement of yesterday.
While she slept I watched her on the monitor and had breakfast and sewed up another large bonnet.
After she woke up I got her settled in her entertainment saucer and headed out in the rainy morning to do the chores. I am very thankful for this nice slow rainfall this morning.
Back inside g-daughter ate some of my canned applesauce with her cereal mixed in and loved it.
She is a happy girl !!!!
I did some housecleaning while she watched her favorite sesame street show before lunch.
She isn't warming up to the "step 2" baby food at all and I don't blame her, it taste terrible. I think I will start mashing up some real food for her.
It is really cool today with the rain and clouds and low upper 60's temps.This is my inside attire all day today. It doesn't look much like the middle of  May !!
G-daughter took an early 1 and 1/2 hour nap so I cleaned out the refrigerator and the freezer in the kitchen. The chickens will be happy for the next couple days with all the discards I found in the freezer that were out of date !!!
After d-in-love picked up g-daughter I went up to the chicken pens to move some things around to clear up a brooder box for the little Araucana chicks I am supposed to get tomorrow to put under the relentlessly setting black Silkie hen.
As I shut all the doors to the houses tonight at almost dark I moved her into the cleaned out box. Hopefully I can slip the chicks under her in the morning if they come in to Mills River feed store early enough and I can get them or I will have to wait until after dark tomorrow night.
Hubbie ran the weedeater around the house this evening and we hoed some in the garden. Things are starting to really come up now with the rain. We got 1/2 inch of rain last night and today and they are predicting more each day for the rest of the week.
Back in May of 1956 there must have been some chilly days also as evidenced by my attire in these pictures taken by my Aunt Hattie and dated May 1956. I would have been 22 months old here.


All those curls !!!!!!!!!

Thanking God for the blessings of this day and praying that He blesses me with many more days.
God Bless and Good Night



No comments: