Sunday, May 8, 2016

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY 2016

A beautiful Mother's Day morning greeted me as I got ready for church today. This is our interim Pastor, Dr. David Horton's first sermon so it should be a good day.
Church was really good I enjoyed the sermon very much as I think everyone else did. He is  a very confident speaker and he delivered a very touching message about the value of mother's today from 1st Samuel about Hannah.
And the children also got a big part in today's service with their songs and flower gifts. G-son is sporting his dark glasses as are all the boys in this group.
 

BB and g-daughter were mesmerized by the activity of the older kids !!!
After church we had #1 son's family, #2 son, daughter and Josh, and Re and the kids for a lunch of one of the smoked butts from the freezer, twice baked potatoes, baked beans and green beans, slaw and rolls with sweet tea to drink.
These are my Mother's Day gifts from all the kids and grands that made me very happy.
We all sat outside and had a nice visit before everyone went their own ways on this beautiful afternoon.
As I did chores this evening I found our newest mother with her brood of 7 chicks learning how to eat the grain I feed them. One of her babies does not look very good but maybe it will make it after another warm night under mom's feathers.
Hubbie and I spent a nice relaxing evening getting ready for another busy week.
I am so grateful that God allowed me the gift of being a mother and grandmother. Each day I pray for each of my kids and pray that they know how much they are loved and prayed for.
Being a mother in my humble opinion is one of the greatest gifts that there is.
I hope that each and every Mom out there has enjoyed this day as much as I have .
God Bless and Good Night.

1 comment:

linda m said...

What a beautiful Mother's Day you had. Happy belated Mother's Day to you. My son called me to wish me a Happy Mother's Day- I live in WI he lives in GA. God has truly given us tone of the greatest gifts He could in allowing us to be mothers and grandmothers. Blessings