Friday, May 20, 2016

FUN FRIDAY

G-daughter snuggled back in bed with me and slept until she heard the 8am alarm today. She was content to play while I did the chores in this drizzly cool morning.
The new chicks are doing good although the Silkie surrogate mom is having nothing to do with them now.
Back inside g-daughter and I had breakfast and got our day started.
While she watched her favorite TV show, Daniel Tiger, I made this little baby bonnet.
I wanted her to model it for me for an advertising pic but  had to wait for hubbie to get here to keep her from snatching it off her head. She is not one for hats !!!


I had more baking to do today than usual with a couple late orders that have come in this morning.
I baked 6 caramel, 1 coconut, 6 pound, 1 applesauce and lemon bars and earthquake cake.
G-daughter took a fitful nap this afternoon for some reason. She took a long time to get to sleep then tossed and turned and whined for the entire 1 1/2 hours she was in her bed.
When she finally woke up she was in a wonderfully happy mood so she must have got some good sleep after all.
I still had some cakes in the oven when she got up so I put her in her walker for awhile to see if she could get the hang of moving around.
It didn't take her long to start moving. I went into the kitchen to take cakes out of the oven and she was here.

When I came back to the living room she was here and was trying to get an umbrella from the basket.
I spent some time re-arranging things out of her reach !!!
Another phase starts !!!!  She is growing up way toooooo fast !!!!!!
After d-in-love picked her up I started working in the sunroom. I took both of the large area rugs that I have always had in there up for the summer. Bernie is having some bladder control problems and these are expensive rugs so I definitely don't want them ruined. The flooring looks really good .

Just as we finished supper the hard rain started pouring down and I got totally soaked while getting the chores done and getting everything settled in their dry houses for a rainy night.
By the time darkness fell there was a total of 7/10ths inch in the gauge so we are very thankful for a good soaking rain and more coming overnight.
I iced cakes and got things ready for market and then headed to bed about 11:30 for a good nights sleep listening to the rain fall softly on the metal roof.
Very thankful for the blessings of this day and for the thirst quenching rainfall.
God Bless and Good Night.



No comments: