Thursday, May 19, 2016

THURSDAY MARKET DAY AND 1966 MAY MEMORIES

Hubbie is taking another of his days off today and he got up and brought g-daughter back to bed at 7 this morning. She went right back to sleep as did both of us for that extra hour .
She heard the 8:00 alarm and woke with us today. Usually she sleeps through it, she knows Thursdays are special days !!
She played while hubbie and I got chores done and got ready for market. #2 son came by to exchange trucks with hubbie so he could pull a trailer to the equipment rental place to pick up a hand held brush cutter.
Hubbie followed me to market and helped me get set up then headed up to son's land that he is selling to help him clear some of the weeds and briars off it.
This is the lot he bought in foreclosure a couple years ago thinking he would build a house in the subdivision but changed his mind when he found the house he lives in now.
G-daughter and I had a slow start to this market day but business picked up later in the morning and we had a decent day. G-daughter was a really happy girl today and talked and cooed all day to everyone that came a long. She is really a social baby.
Hubbie and son finished their clearing work and came by market to help me load up. They came home and g-daughter and I ran the regular errands and stopped at Aldi and Walmart on our way home. We made it home at 4:00 and she slept through unloading.
Just as we came inside her mom came after her.
Hubbie grilled us the rest of the all beef hotdogs left over from Sunday and we ate supper then rested until chore time watching the news.
After chores I read a couple new magazines.
It is chilly tonight with the dampness but we are still waiting on rain.
Back in May of 1966 I was in the 6th grade and we had spring pictures made.
My dad and mom raised German Shepherd puppies back then from our two adult dogs. The female dog was named Gypsy.
And the male's name was Rex.
This is my youngest brother, Ricky, with both the dogs.
And this a pic of some of their puppies.
This is another dog that we had at the time but I don't remember a name for it.
And this is a picture dated May 1966 of my uncle Herman and his son Sam Cox.
Memories are precious gifts and I am very thankful for all these old pictures to stir these memories for me.
Grateful for the love of a wonderful Savior today and for the amazing blessings He gives me each day.
God Bless and Good Night








1 comment:

linda m said...

I am back; I was on vacate. My condolences to your daughter-in-law on the death of her father. Yes, memories are a very precious gift that God gives us. Have a great weekend. Blessings