Monday, May 2, 2016


Woke to a ping from my phone just before g-daughter should arrive. D-in-love said in the text that she was taking the day off to take g-son, who has ran a low grade fever all weekend, to the doc this morning and would be bringing g-daughter around 7:45.  She didn't want to take her into the doctors office where she might pick up a bug.
Hubbie and I got an extra 45 minutes of sleep before beginning this Monday.
G-daughter was in her normal smiley mood when she arrived but g-son looked like he really felt bad.
I did morning chores and had breakfast while hubbie fed g-daughter and then she wanted an earlier morning nap.
Well g-son has his spring case of strep throat , yuck !!!  No wonder he was feeling so bad.
I spent the morning while g-daughter napped doing 3 loads of laundry and changing some monthly decorations.
D-in-love decided to leave g-daughter here while she and g-son went home to put the new crib together and move some things around.
She took a long afternoon nap while hubbie worked outside and I worked inside.
I have been putting off making new seat covers for my 8 dining room chairs. They came with white covers and everyone knows how white looks after a year of use.
I found some of the same canvas like upholstery fabric in my shop and made new light tan covers for them this afternoon. I washed and cloroxed the white covers and they look like new so I can put them back on when these get dirty.
When g-daughter woke up d-in-love came after her. She is such a sweetie in a new outfit.
As I did chores this evening I turned around to check out my entourage following me up to the feed shed.
I'm pretty sure Roho the rooster thinks he is a dog, but I am also pretty sure Annie, Flash and Sadie know he is not a dog !!!!
The garden still looks pretty pitiful after most years by the first of May we are already eating from it.
I am wondering if I should replant now or wait a few more days to see what some nice warm sunshine will do for all the things that haven't come up.
The rain yesterday made some things pop into bloom that I was afraid weren't going to bloom this year. This is a double Azalea that looks like little carnations. It was loaded with buds just waiting on some thirst quenching rain to burst open.

Another late bloomer is this salmon colored beauty above the house.
And the Weigelia bloomed out seemingly over night.
This has been a nice day here with clouds and looking like storms several times but no rain yet. Thankfully we haven't seen any of the hail that neighboring counties have had yesterday and today.
Thankful for all my blessings of this day and praying that g-son gets well fast .
God Bless and Good Night

1 comment:

linda m said...

Praying g-son feels better very soon. You have so much more color down by you than we do here in WI. Hopefully your garden will start growing soon. Blessings