Friday, May 27, 2016

KNIGHT'S RELAY FOR LIFE

A busy Friday morning as g-daughter arrived at 7am to get things started. She only slept about 30 minutes extra this morning after she arrived.
She played while I did the chores. We had our breakfast then I started my baking list for the day. I baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate, 1 carrot, 4 pound , 1 blackberry wine cake and a pan of lemon bars.
Memorial day Saturday is usually a busy day with the garden jubilee on main street in town.
At 10.30 I stopped to give g-daughter her morning bottle. She ate but didn't want to take a nap so I put her back in her entertainment saucer and went back to my baking . As I listened to her babbling to the characters on TV all of a sudden grow quiet I peeped to see what she was doing and found this !!!
This is the second time she has fallen asleep in this saucer.
I picked her up and took her to the crib and she took her morning power nap of about 30 minutes.
The resiliency of babies always has amazed me . That they can go from the picture above of sound asleep to this picture in less than 45 minutes and be so happy about it !!!!
She us rolling this walker all over the kitchen as I finish my baking. She is learning quickly to maneuver it so she can reach anything she wants on my shelves.
We had lunch and she had her afternoon bottle and went down for her afternoon nap. I did some housework while she slept but in trying to be quiet I have decided I need to come up with a new housework schedule that doesn't interfere with her nap time, hmmm.
The day is beautiful with the sun brightly shining in the 80 degree temps with a few stray clouds passing by.
When g-daughter woke up it was a nice day for some swinging. She loved the swing !!!

After d-in-love picked her up and hubbie got home from work we hurried through chores early and picked up EL to go with us out to the high school's annual "knight's relay for life" carnival. Re usually goes to this but she and BB are under the weather so she let EL go with us while they stayed home to rest.
The NC National Guard set this inflated obstacle course up to go through and it was a big hit with all ages !!!
G-son didn't hesitate to make his way over all the obstacles .
EL was a little more cautious and it took her a couple times starting and getting off  before she ran the full course.
A couple of high school students helped her get up her courage.

All the soldiers were very impressed with her strength as she was determined to do whatever g-son did and he was a very good "big brother" and taught her how to climb the rope ladders. And after she got through the course the first time wanted to do it over and over.








After the fourth time through she was so tired she just couldn't gather the strength to do it "just one more time" so this guy put her on his shoulders and carried her through it.
Inside there was food donated by a local restaurant  that we all enjoyed. Josh came in after I made this group pic.
G-daughter enjoyed her first Knight's relay....

The kids loved all the games and the food making booths.


And EL loved dancing with the dance team as they entertained .


The last stop was to let g-son have a drawing made of himself. This high school boy's name was Levi and he was very good. I have a feeling we might be hearing of him famously some day soon !!
We left about 8:00 with three tired kidos and headed home. I was wondering if EL was going to make it the 1 mile home before dropping off to sleep ??
It was so wonderful watching these two have so much fun together tonight !!


As hubbie and came home to finish chores before dark we both felt like we could have gone to bed right then but this day wasn't nearly over for us.
I iced cakes the remainder of the evening while he washed the eggs and got things racked up ready to be loaded early in the morning.
He went to bed at 10:00 but my day didn't end until 1:30 am on Saturday morning when I finally put my tired head on the pillow !
Thankful for the strength God gives me each day and thankful for the blessed love of these littles as they are the light that keeps me smiling on these long work and fun filled days.
God Bless and Good Night.






No comments: