Saturday, May 21, 2016


The rain must have stopped early last night as there was only another 1/10th inch in the gauge this morning.
We made it to market a little early today and found three customers waiting so that was a good start to this sales day.
Hubbie had to change his plans after I got a strange phone call saying an  AT+T  repair man was heading to our house. I didn't order any service and I mistakenly told him I wasn't home. Hubbie left right away and came straight home to find the repairman in the driveway trying to make friends with Annie !!!
His visit turned out to be legit because he just replaced the line filters on all our phones and updated my internet speed. He said it was a complimentary visit that the company was starting to keep phone and internet lines all updated and in good working order . I have never heard of this before.
Anyway after he left hubbie went back to town to run his Saturday morning shopping errands.
I had a very good sales day at market today. I sold several craft items as well as cakes so that is always good.
There is a really nice family in market that sell photo cards. She made a picture of g-daughter and I last Thursday and brought me this nice card today. G-daughter couldn't stop talking long enough to smile !!  Thanks so much Cecilia !!!!
After market I stopped at Aldi for baking supplies for next Thursday and then stopped at the Farm Outlet to pick up fresh corn, green beans, tomatoes, cucumbers and new potatoes for tomorrow's lunch. I love it when fresh produce starts coming in and they are one of the first places open.
I also stopped at the neighbor's strawberry farm for a gallon of his berries and some fresh asparagus.
I got home at 3:30 and hubbie helped me unload and get things put away. We had a snack of fresh strawberries and then I sat out in the sunroom and watched while the clouds brought a few intermittent raindrops. It was a good relaxing time for me and my 4-legged kids.
The sun finally won the battle and while hubbie took the tractor down to get a fallen tree off the creek fence I took the pruning shears and worked around the yard. This rose bed is so pretty this year.
Everything seems to have grown about a foot since the rains began !!
The air is cool and dry this evening with the high today only getting to 70 degrees and now the wind is supposed to start blowing tonight and really keep it feeling cool at least until Monday.
After chores hubbie grilled us a couple little steaks I picked up today plus the fresh asparagus for a really nice supper.
When I went back up to close the doors on all my chicken houses I spotted a very young opossum walking around inside one of the hen lots. I called hubbie who came up with a bucket and a broom to catch the little guy and then he relocated it to the creek bank away from my chickens. We try to give every creature a chance as long as they aren't causing any trouble.You gotta admit this is a cute little face and it made my heart go out to the little guy who probably has lost his mama.

It has been a relaxing Saturday evening.
Back in May of 1976 we were celebrating the high school graduation of my first and now ex sister in law.  Laurie Tester and my oldest brother were engaged to be married in a couple months and we all attended her graduation.
This is the entire family all dressed up for the occasion. From left is youngest brother Ricky, younger brother Bobby,cousin Mike ( who lived with us after his mom died), my dad Bob and my mom, Goldie.

This is me .

This is Laurie as she walks in.
This is the engaged couple after the ceremony, Bobby and Laurie.
Unfortunately this marriage didn't last but they were married all through my kids early lives so she will always be their favorite aunt .
Thanking God for today's blessings and for loving me as He does each and every minute of every day.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: