Saturday, May 15, 2010

BLOOMING MARKET DAYS

Had a good market day today. Daughter was there to help and at times it took both of us to wait on customers. I left and went to a produce stand right down the street for some fresh vegetables for Sunday lunch and that little stand was very crowded. Some of the people were saying that this is a sure sign that more people are cooking for themselves and the guy that owns the stand said his business is the best it's ever been. Another positive sign of the times I think!
This is a really pretty time at the Curb Market, I love all the flowers. These hanging baskets are so pretty with all the different flowers in them.
Daughter bought a flat of herb and vegetables this morning along with some wheat grass for making smoothies. Now she has to go buy a juicer!
Got some exciting news this morning,found out that I am going to be a great aunt, my niece,hubbie's brother's daughter,who has been married for more than 12 years and who everyone thought would never have any children, announced that she is 4 1/2 months pregnant with a little boy. She didn't want to tell anyone until she was out of the danger zone.
After market daughter and I had a wedding shower to attend. My cousin's daughter is getting married in July,she is the same age as my #2 son and they were always very close when they were in school. Her mom and I were always like sisters when we were young because I had 2 brothers and she had 3 brothers.
It was nice to see some of my cousin's that I hardly ever get to see there.
Daughter had to be at work at 4 so we left early and I made one stop at Aldi and got drenched with pouring rain. It was lightening really bad with the rain so I just came home and will have to go back sometime before Tuesday night to get the rest of my supplies.
It stopped raining shortly after we got the van unloaded. We had fresh greens from the garden for supper.
After chores we sat out in the sunroom and read and listened to music,a restful evening.
On a sad note tonight it was learned that the 16 year old that died in the car accident this past week was retrieving a text message and drove into oncoming traffic,how tragic!!
Technology is a wonderful thing but can be so tragic. I cannot imagine driving and trying to do something like that. When one of the kids text me and I try to answer them by text,I take so long they usually end up calling to see if I even got their text!! How many lives are going to be lost before this Texting Era passes?????
When I was 16 I had an accident caused by me tuning the radio in my car while driving, luckily I didn't get hurt when I ran off the road and down an embankment. There will always be something to take attention from the road, and even after doing it myself I still am amazed at what I see people doing while driving!!
We shut the cattle up in the uppere pasture tonight after hearing the forecast for the heavy rain tonight. It is 11 and so far no rain yet but I hear thunder in the distance now.
Looking forward to a peaceful , reverent Sunday.
God is so good all the time.
Good Night and God Bless.

1 comment:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Hi Marilyn, I'm so glad to hear that business is picking up at the market. That's neat about the produce market doing so well. An economy problem may have its good side!!!

Congrats on being a Great Aunt. All of my grandparents were dead when I was born--but I did have several special Great Aunts.

Sorry to hear that the 16 yr. old girl was texting. That ought to be outlawed... There are so many distractions while driving. It's scary!!

Hope you didn't get any severe weather. We had some rain today --but nothing severe.

Hugs,
Betsy