Sunday, May 9, 2010

MOTHER'S DAY MEMORIES

HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL MOTHERS EVERYWHERE !!!!!!!

Please join me on a little trip down memory lane on this Mother's Day 2010..
MY MATERNAL GRANDMOTHER VINNIE
Sorry I couldn't find a picture of my paternal grandmother ,her name was Susan.
THIS IS MY MOTHER GOLDIE AT THE AGE OF 2 YEARS
THIS IS MY MOM (FAR LEFT) WITH HER 4 SISTERS (MY AUNTS) GERTIE MAE, CARRIE LEE, HATTIE AND MARY IN 1949 MY MOM AND DAD ON THEIR WEDDING DAY 1952
WITH MY UNCLE JAY (dad's oldest brother,on left) AND AUNT HATTIE and HER HUSBAND ANDERSON HOLMES,(on right). MOM AND ME ,HER FIRST BORN
IN EARLY 1955 ( I was born on July 31,1954) MOM WITH ALL 3 KIDS 1962 MOM AND ME 1970 MOM WITH HER 1ST GRANDCHILD , MY #1 SON CHRISTMAS 1981MY MOM WITH HER 3 GRANDCHILDREN ON HER BIRTHDAY AUGUST 8,1987. (notice daughter is the shirtless one in this picture,hahaha!!!)
ME WITH MY FAVORITE 2 MEN ON MY WEDDING DAY
DECEMBER 21,1979 ME WITH MY FIRST BORN, #1 SON IN 1982,( he was born on October 16, 1981)ME AND MY 3 YEAR OLD DAUGHTER IN 1988
ME WITH 2 OF MY BOVINE BABIES IN SUMMER OF 1988ME WITH MY 3 KIDS IN 1990 ME WITH MY 4 KIDS ON DECEMBER 10,2005
ME WITH MY 1ST GRANDSON , OCTOBER 16,2006
God has seen fit to give me a wonderful life and I am very very grateful to Him for all my blessings.
This has been a wonderful Mother's Day for me.
The weather has been cool todayonly60 and windy.
The winds died down enough to have a fire in the outside fire pit this evening to top off a very relaxing and enjoyable day for me.
I thank my wonderful kids for the gifts and hope for many many more mother's days to come.
Most of all thank you Lord for making all this possible.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Grace on the Narrow Path said...

I love the pictures!!! What sweet, sweet blessings!!! God has truly blessed you. I am so glad I am able to get to know you via blogland. Happy Belated Mother's Day and may God continue to bless you with happiness and joy.
Your sister in Christ,
Bren

Betsy Banks Adams said...

OH Marilyn, Thanks for taking us down memory-lane. I loved seeing pictures of your family, you and your kids... How special!!!!!

Hope you had a wonderful Mother's Day. I surely did.

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Betsy