Saturday, May 8, 2010

WHAT'S BLOOMING NOW !!

Another really nice day, a little windy,in fact a lot windy, but the temperatures stayed in the mid 70's all day. We are suppose to get to 42 tonight.
Busy market day for a change today and saw a lot of our snowbird residents for the first time today.
After supply stops at Aldi and Walmart I went by one of my market neighbor's greenhouse to get some " German Johnson" tomato plants. I bought a couple of these last year and we loved the taste,haven't been able to find them this year. Joel found me 2 that he had left and of course I can't go to a greenhouse full of plants,in fact about 6 greenhouses full of plants,and only come away with 2 tomato plants. Now we have a whole other flat of plants to set out to go along with the 2 flats we already had,oh boy!!!
Not confident enough to set them all out yet though. We were going to plant the garden this evening but that thought must have been hiding in our heads! It is after 10 pm and I just remembered it!!!This Rhododendron outside my sewing shop is beautiful this year.These corn flowers are pretty this year,seems like the colors are brighter in every thing that blooms this year. Maybe that dose of cold snowy weather was just what they neededI was glad to see this azalea finally bloom,it is one we had to move last fall to make room for the new sunroom and because of its size I worried that it might not make it. It is late blooming and the blooms are smaller than usual but it evidently likes its new location behind this row of iris.
All is not well today in the Gulf Of Mexico with the oil spill. BP made a huge dome to lower over the leaking well and stop the oil from spilling into the ocean but it failed. When they lowered the dome down the 1 mile to the leak site it filled with gaseous ice crystals and became buoyant so they now are trying to figure out how to make it work,uhhh doesn't sound good to me!!
Meanwhile they are still trying to burn some of the oil off,which doesn't seem like a good idea to me,look at that black smoke!!
Some experts are saying this is already a worse spill than the one in Alaska. Actually on one knows exactly how much oil is coming out of that well.Here are 2 different projection maps and neither paint a good scenario.
This could even eventually effect me personally if they don't get it stopped,it gets into the Gulf Stream,goes around the tip of Florida and heads up the east coast. Our vacation might be in jeopardy! And wouldn't you know I didn't buy the money back insurance thinking we weren't going in hurricane season, so what could happen????
With all the money these companies have made I cannot believe they were not prepared for such a disaster as this one!!
Sitting here typing I can hear the wind really howling outside,the temp is now 54 degrees at 11:00.
Thankful tonight for God's grace and forgiveness as I strive to be a better person everyday.
Good Night and God Bless.

3 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Happy Mother's Day, Marilyn!!!! We're home from the beach --and I'll post in the morning. Had a wonderful time --but it's nice to be home.

We had all intentions of stopping by the market to see you yesterday---but I twisted my left knee a couple of days ago--and am having trouble walking... Just wanted to get home. One of these days, we'll stop by and surprise you.

One of my sons is visiting me on my 'special' day today!!!!!

Hope you have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Betsy

Gail said...

I played in the dirt today too.

Little nippy because of blackberry winter but good working weather.

Far Side of Fifty said...

Happy Mothers Day! Your Rhododendron is stunning! :)