Monday, May 31, 2010

MEMORIAL DAY 2010


Add ImageHAVE A SAFE AND HAPPY MEMORIAL DAY !!!
Rainy Memorial Day ! Woke up about 4 am to the sound of pouring rain.
Took advantage of the rainy morning to sleep in some. Hubbie was cutting a tree out of our driveway that had fallen last night. Must have been some wind with the rain before daylight. Out potatoes in the garden were blown flat also. Since there is nothing to do outside and #1 son is off today keeping g-son I started organizing all my photos. I am putting them in years and seasons right now until I get all of them gone through. I don't think I want them in albums, but maybe in a large file box with dividers,we'll see.
I'm also writing names and places on the back of each picture so this will take awhile but it will be worth it. Hubbie and I talked while looking at the kids when they were young and it just doesn't seem possible that it has been that long ago. My how time flies when you're having fun !! And we did have a lot of fun !!!
I stopped picture sorting this afternoon for awhile when the sun actually came out for a little while and went out and finished planting my plants. Pictures later !!
The rain started again so it was back to the pictures until I stopped and started baking some cakes that I needed. 2 granny, 2 7-up pounds and 2 blackberry wine cakes.
At least that lifted some of the guilty feelings I was having for not doing any work today.
That's a pitfall of working for yourself, the guilty feeling of taking a day off , when you know you will have to make it up later.
I have a pretty busy week this week anyway so I deserved a rest day.
I uploaded my Avon order tonight,ready to send in tomorrow morning. They were closed today, good for them!!
Thankful tonight to God for giving me life in America where freedom reigns because of the willingness of brave men and women to fight to keep that right for all Americans.
Good Night and God Bless.

2 comments:

Betsy Banks Adams said...

Amen, Marilyn.... Let's never forget those who died for our freedom...

Have a wonderful day.
Hugs,
Betsy

wildcatwoods said...

Thank you for your kind words of sympathy...

carolina mountains