Thursday, January 9, 2014

BRIDGE CLEARING BEGINS

After getting g-son to school I worked my morning crossword and had breakfast waiting for the 18 degree temps to rise with the sunshine.
After chores I took a walk. I need to get back to my morning walks both for my physical and mental health. My day seems to go better when I start it off with a brisk walk out in the fresh air even it is  a bit cool.
They are starting the clearing for the new bridge this morning.
These guys seemed to be surprised when they got to this small pond.
Years ago when my dad owned this land this little pond was known as the spray pond because all the area farmers filled their crop sprayers up with water here. It was close to the road and never seemed to go dry. In the last years of floods and drought the pond has gone dry on several occasions but it has plenty of water today.
After my walk I got ready to go over to Fletcher to check out a mattress sale. I had plans to go on the Asheville but after laying on some very cold beds to see how different the firmness was and hurting my back I decided not to do anymore mattress shopping today !
I did stop at Walmart , Aldi and Ingles along with the bank and P.O. before heading home to hit the heating pad !!
Darn it !!! I have been feeling so good lately with no sore hurt muscles but tonight my back is really hurting. The last time I went mattress shopping my back hurt for a little while and stopped so I am hoping by in the morning it will be better this time.
Of course my little 4-legged kids thought it was Heavenly tonight that mama just laid on the couch with them all evening.
A mid 40's high temperature today felt cold with the thick clouds that formed this evening. There is still a lot of ice around and also a lot of problems with pipes that are still bursting when they thaw.
There is beauty in the ice as evidenced by this picture of this water wheel that was posted on the local TV website.
Rain is moving in overnight and will hopefully put an end to all the ice.
Thankful tonight for the blessings of the day.
Good Night and God Bless.





1 comment:

linda m said...

I love your "header" photo, that is so pretty. Hope your back feels better soon. Have a great weekend. Blessings