Saturday, January 4, 2014


Up and out to market today. Seems like it has been a long time since I was here but it was only last Saturday !!
Spent the day repeating the saga of our managers untimely death to customers who came through that hadn't heard the news.
I sold unexpectedly well for the Saturday after all the year ending holidays are over.  There is a buzz all around market about who will be the market's next manager. I would hate to be the one who does the choosing. After lunch the aisles emptied out and customers were scarce.

After market I stopped by Walgreens and Aldi to pick up a few things. Got a head start on next year's operations Christmas child boxes with some books and things that were 75% off in Walgreens.
Aldi was so crowded I hurried through just getting what I needed and headed home.
Hubbie was here to help unload after he has spent the day helping #2 son get all the things he had stored in our basement moved.
After I fed the hens and dogs hubbie and I went with #2 son over to a furniture store that is going out of business in Asheville. They had some great deals as everything was 50% off the lowest marked sale price which mostly was already deeply discounted.
#2 son found a TV stand and a loveseat that he got a good deal on. Aaron and Rebekah came over to check out couches. We left them there still checking out the couches and went across the road to Rug and Home to look for son a large rug so I don't know if they found a couch they liked or not. Son found a nice rug that was on sale so that made his shopping trip complete. We headed home with both trucks loaded. I wasn't sure about the rug but when we put it down at this house it really looked good and matched all the new furniture he bought very well. I hope it looks as good in the light of day. If it doesn't he has 7 days to return it or exchange it.
Hubbie and I got home around 7:00 and finished chores with flashlights. Thankfully it is still in the upper 30's tonight so it doesn't feel so cold. It has been a nice day in the lower 40's but mostly cloudy.
 We had soup for supper then relaxed for the evening. My legs and feet are tired from all the shopping and I didn't buy a thing !!! Although I am going back to look at rugs for my living room next week one day when I have more time.
Grateful tonight for all the blessings of  a Loving Heavenly Father.
Good Night and God Bless.


Sandy said...

Carolina Nana,

Wow, talk about a very productive day for you.

I hope your son enjoys his new home and furniture.

linda m said...

That was one productive day. Happy #2 son is getting settled in his new house. Blessings