Saturday, January 25, 2014

SLOW MARKET DAY

A surprise when we got up this morning as the thermometer said 22 degrees instead of the predicted single digit.  As I did the chores early to get ready for market the hens acted like they felt much better with the warmer temps. Even though all the water was still solidly frozen maybe the predictions of above freezing temps today will be right and there will be a little thawing or maybe the fresh water I gave them this morning won't freeze solid in the next little while.
Market was another very slow day although I did sell more today than last Saturday so for that I am thankful.  Our annual stock holders meeting was held today after market closed but I didn't stay for it.
I used to attend these each year but now if I have cakes left I need to see if I can sell them somewhere else before I come home so there isn't time to stay for an hour or so meeting.
When I got home hubbie helped me unload then we ran out to Sam's Club to pick up some groceries.
The wind is picking up and snow is blowing around this afternoon. 
We came home and did evening chores then hubbie grilled us a couple rib-eye steaks I found buried in the freezer when I cleaned it out. We were afraid they were freezer burned but they tasted so good.
We spent a lazy cold Saturday night in front of the wood stove watching the flames of the warm fire.
The temperature has risen tonight to 35 now at 10:30, wonder what is up with that ????
I am very glad for whatever it is because the wind is roaring out there.
Grateful for a loving Lord who blesses us daily with many undeserved blessings.
Good Night  and God Bless.

2 comments:

linda m said...

I love it when I find a "surprise" at the bottom of my freezer that is still good to eat. The next round of arctic cold is hitting us. we had four inches of new snow fall followed by super cold temps. Keep warm and safe. Blessings

Unknown said...

This winter, I have realized that I am blessed beyond measure. God has allowed me to have a roof over my head and heat to keep me warm.