Monday, July 18, 2016

ANOTHER JULY ENGAGEMENT !!!

Uhhhh !!!!   Monday morning , the beginning of another busy summer time week around here !!!
G-daughter is under the weather and her mom switched her work days this week so she could take her to the doctor this morning to see what is going on with the fever and not feeling well at all of the last couple days.
After chores and breakfast g-son came here to stay out of the germy doctors office.
 He ate waffles for breakfast and then settled in with his I-pad.
I started weekly laundry then started breaking all the green beans I picked last night. Daughter came by to pick up her dogs and brought the pictures of their honeymoon to show us. Punta Cana is a beautiful place and she also brought me that coffee cup that is required by me from any place they go.
D-in-love came back from the doctor and we all had lunch of yesterday's left overs. G-daughter just has a virus and should be better in a couple days hopefully.
I had my yearly OB check-up appointment at 2:00 so I headed over the mountain after we ate.
I got a good report from the exam and the only concern was my blood pressure was a little higher than normal so I need to keep an eye on it . At the office it was 146/76 but tonight when I checked it after my busy afternoon it was 134/72 so I think I am okay but will continue to take it for several days until the top number settles down.
On my way home I stopped at Walmart for baking supplies and at Southern States for chicken feed.
Rain was sprinkling in Arden but when I got here it was dry but cloudy.
A neighbor from up the road who has peach and apple orchards brought a 1/2 bushel of peaches by this evening, thanks Kevin !
As soon as I got home g-son wanted to come back up and stay a while with us.  He helped hubbie drive the golf cart around and put away all the feed I brought home.
I put in my third load of laundry for the day and started canning the green beans. I canned 12 more quarts to make a total of 68 quarts and that is enough for the year for us.
I also turned the bush beans I picked into 4 more pints of Dilly beans .
Russell the flower growing neighbor that furnished all the flowers for the wedding came by this evening to pick up his buckets and get paid. He gave us a great deal on all the flowers he brought.
After he left I got a call from #2 son with the exciting news that he had asked Tif to marry him and she said yes .   I am really happy for them as she is such a sweet girl and they make a beautiful couple.
This is the second July in a row that my family has grown by one. Congratulations #2 and Tif !!!
Now I'm out of single kids !!!!!!!
After chores I finished the laundry and then washed all my canning apparatuses . I think green beans are done for the year !!
Grateful To God for all the blessings of this day and for bringing another beautiful young lady into our lives.
God Bless and Good Night







1 comment:

linda m said...

Congratulations to #2 son and Tif. May God bless them. Blessings