Friday, July 22, 2016

JULY BLOOMERS

Another foggy warm start to the day. After chores and breakfast I took a walk around the farm. There is beauty all around . These Morning Glories greet me each morning as I go down the steps of the porch and always make me smile with their beauty.

 I planted Sunflowers at all the post around the garden fence and am being rewarded handsomely with some beautiful and different types of sunflower blooms.


I always marvel at the Bull Nettle Briar blooms and how much they resemble potato and tomato blooms. They are all members of the Nightshade family.
This Crepe Myrtle is bending low loaded with blooms this year.

And there are plenty of these little guys all around that have popped up in all kinds of places with the recent rainfall we have had.

After my walk I started baking . I baked 12 caramel, 1 lemon, 1 german chocolate, 1 chocolate mint, 4 pound cakes and 1 blackberry wine cake. These special flavored cakes are for a wedding reception and they are doing the same thing we did for daughter's with the different varieties.
I had a late lunch then decided since it was a cloudy afternoon even with the heat I would do some much needed weeding in my flower beds around the yard.
This is where hubbie found me when he got home from work. I think I sweated several gallons but the beds are weed free at least for a little while !!!  Seems with the rains we are having the weeds are outgrowing everything.
I rested and watched the early news then did the chores a bit early to avoid the rain that looked like it was headed our way.
We only got a light sprinkle of rain this evening and heard just a couple distant rumbles of thunder.
I spent the evening icing cakes and getting things ready for market.
God is so good to me and the beauty He creates is mind boggling for me. I'm glad He is a loving, caring Lord.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: