Friday, July 29, 2016

BEACH VACATION PREP DAY

Another busy Friday starts early today and has a lot of different work to do to get ready for our annual beach vacation trip.
Hubbie took today off to get his end of the work done also. After chores and breakfast Hubbie got started mowing the lawn and I stayed in the kitchen to bake cakes for the morning. I baked 12 caramel, 1 coconut, 1 chocolate, 2 pound and 2 blackberry wine cakes before having a late lunch.
Hubbie called from down at the #1 son's house to say he was trying to keep 4 Holstein calves from getting in the road. We don't know anybody who has these calves. Aa called around and found the owner who showed up to help round them up but they were already headed back down the creek toward home by the time he got there.
Hubbie finished the mowing and we had supper then we both went outside to get all the animals ready for a week on their own. I have no one staying here this year and my brother is going to do a walk thru each day to check things out.
We put extra waterers in the chicken lots and filled all the feeders with feed. I have tried this out over the past couple weeks and they will be fine.
The weather forecast is for some cooler mid 80's temps so that will be much better on all the animals.
Hubbie and I packed the Honda with a weeks worth of beach supplies and then #2 son who had to go to the doctor this morning with tendonitis in his knee and is out of work brought his truck over and we loaded the bikes and wagons and chairs in it.
Him, Tif and daughter are driving down Sunday.
It sprinkled rain for just a few minutes this evening then cleared off.
Aa and Re brought the kids by to give me an early birthday present. EL picked this antique chicken out for me and it will be the perfect decoration for an outside wall.  Thanks so much it is a perfect gift.

Bible school commencement was tonight and the kids looked like they had fun.

Hubbie and I worked to finish some last minute packing until 9:00 then I started icing cakes finishing a little after midnight,whew !!!!
Each year on the days before vacation I always ask myself if it is really worth all the trouble it is to get ready to go????  But after I get there I always decide to do it again !!!!
Thankful for the blessings of this day and praying for traveling mercies for the whole family tomorrow and Sunday.
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: