Sunday, July 24, 2016

FIRST DAY OF VBS 2016

Had a very rough night last night . I could never find a position for my knee that would make it stop hurting. I tried heat then ice packs and finally got so tired I did sleep some with it elevated .
It is still swollen this morning but after I got up and walked around a little the pain is not nearly as bad as last night. It just hurts now when I go up and down steps or try to move it sideways.
I did chores and got ready for church much slower than usual !!!!
This is a dress that I ran across when I first started looking for a "mother of the bride" dress. When I tried it on daughter who was with me said you should buy this dress just in case we don't find anything else even if it is fall colors because it was on sale for $20. I did find another more summer looking dress so this one just went into the closet . I still really like this dress.

Church was good and we came home for a lunch of roast beef, baked potatoes, green beans, corn and fried yellow squash. Aa's family were our only guest today.
After they left I hit the couch with an ice pack and spent the afternoon in the R. I. C. E. treatment, that is rest,ice, compression, elevation.  The last time I went to the knee doctor this is what he recommended for the treatment of the inflamed bursa in my knee.
This evening starts this years Vacation Bible School at church. Re had to go to work tonight so hubbie and I took EL to the first night. She had so much fun tonight and it was fun to watch her and all 12 of the kids in her class having so much fun.









G-son was having fun in his class also ,he is getting soooo big !!!


Even g-daughter who lasted over an hour before d-in-love took her home to get ready for bed was having a ball with all the music and decorations.


Tonight brought back many memories for me when my kids were in Bible school and when I came with g-son several years when he started at about EL's age going to VBS each summer.
Thankful for the wonderful church family that we have and the opportunity to share the love of Jesus Christ with all these kids this week. May God's love break through barriers for the children who are unfamiliar with the love of our precious Savior.
God Bless and Good Night.


1 comment:

linda m said...

You look very nice in that dress. Praying you knee gets better soon. Love the pictures of the kids at VBS. Blessings