Tuesday, July 19, 2016

PLANE CRASH 49th ANNIVERSARY

Up today with a plan of cleaning my house for the first time in the last couple busy weeks !!!  After chores I grabbed a glass of Kieffer for a quick breakfast. I loaded up the Honda with all the dirty rugs, furniture covers and bed comforters and headed out to the laundry. I was pleasantly surprised to find only a few folks there doing laundry. I got all my things in 3 of the bigger machines and then watched "red neck" TV for a while !!!
I talked with the lady who manages the laundry while I sat and waited for the washers and dryers to finish.
I picked up g-son on my way home to stay with me while his mom went to the grocery store.
I fixed him some food and then hung all the rubber backed rugs on the clothesline to dry in the hot 88 degree sunshine of the afternoon.
I had an early lunch then did house cleaning all afternoon. I mopped myself out into the sunroom and that's where I was sitting when hubbie came in from work.
The thunder sounded like it was getting closer and clouds took over the sky so I gathered all the rugs of the line and put them away before doing the evening chores.
We only received a sprinkle of rain from the passing thunderstorm this evening.
Hubbie had a nominating committee meeting this evening at 7:00 so I was left alone for the awhile.
I did some paperwork to get a head start on tomorrow nights work and then talked to Josh's mom, daughter and sis-in-law Sandy on the phone while hubbie was at the meeting.
I went outside and cut some bunches of Money Plant from the yard this evening and stored it in my sewing shed until I get time to shuck the covers off the shiny "money".
The sunset this evening was pretty as the clouds slowly moved away.
On this day 49 years ago I was a 12 year old young girl sunbathing on a sunny day when I heard and felt what I thought was an earthquake. I remember the deafening sound and felt the ground litterly shake. At the time I had no idea 2 airplanes had hit in midair just out the road from where I was until later that evening.
I remember riding with my parents  into town later that day and seeing little white pieces of cloth covering strewn body parts all along the road into town and the smell was awful. This crash site was about where the Outback steakhouse is now just along I-26.

This is the story of that fateful day.
Tonight is what is called the "Buck Moon"  and it was a beautiful full moon !!!

Thankful for the blessings of this day and for the strength God gives me each day.
God Bless and Good Night.




1 comment:

linda m said...

interesting story about the plane crash. That must have been a terrible thing. Blessings