Tuesday, July 26, 2016

CANNING CLEANING DAY AND 2006 LAKE TRIP

Ahhhhh !!!  A relaxing morning !!!  And thankfully I slept very well and my knee didn't bother me at all last night. I put an ice pack on it before I went to bed and have a pillow under the cover to elevate it some.
I did morning chores then had breakfast out in the sunroom while listening to all the morning sounds that I love.
I carried water to all my plants that haven't had a drink of rain water in a while and also watered all the plants inside the sunroom.
Then I got the bowl of broken green beans I picked and broke Saturday out of the frig and got the canner back down !!
And in about an hour I added 7 more quarts to my winter supply of green beans bringing me to 75 quarts.
I had lunch then spent the afternoon housecleaning.
I mopped myself out the back door and went to sit in the outside covered patio but a close strike of lightening and loud thunder clap sent me and the dogs running for the front porch and inside.
That was the only thunder I heard and we got no rain as the storm passed to the east of our area.
After my house cleaning day both my knees are hurting so I iced both and put then up for a while until evening chore time rolled around.
I am thankful that the pain is subsiding in my right knee that has been hurting  and I'm sure favoring it and making the left knee carry more of the load is what is making it hurt.
I'm hoping by tomorrow I can evenly distribute weight between them.
Daughter was telling me tonight about a lady that had some stem cell implants put in her knee and it worked wonderfully.
Took it easy all evening after chores and supper.
This is a good night to finish up the July decade pictures. On a trip to lake Jocassee that straddles the North Carolina / South Carolina border Dolly our only 4-legged kid at that time was ready to cool off in the cool lake water.
Hubbie's truck and our boat at that time.
The lake was very low that summer as there was a drought in the area.
Thankful to God for the blessings of the day and for His great love.
God Bless and Good Night.





1 comment:

linda m said...

Happy to hear your knee is stating to feel better. My sciatica is finally starting to subside. Of course the humidity isn't helping my aches and pains either. Can't believe you have canned so many beans this year. God has been good to you. Blessings