Wednesday, July 27, 2016


Wow , another hot muggy morning in a string of  above normal temperature summer days.  After I let the chickens out of their nice shady houses in just a little while they have their wings fluffed and their beaks open . Everything suffers in these 90 + temps each day.

Back inside I had breakfast and then started baking . I baked 12 caramel, 2 chocolate, 5 pound and 1 blackberry wine cake. G-daughter came to stay with me about 11:00 while d-in-love took g-son to see a movie, Finding Dory, a Disney movie that has been wildly popular this summer.
G-daughter is a "beans and taters" girl when it comes to lunchtime.

About 1:30 with both ovens full of my last cakes the electric went off suddenly. With no wind or storm I sighed figuring another squirrel  had hopped onto the transformer for the second time this month. I walked up to look at the transformer and there was a huge dead Oak tree limb lying in pieces all around the bottom of the pole and the electric line was moving.
I came inside to call the electric from the one house phone that is not electric and it wasn't working so I called from my cell phone which seemed to take forever to get my cell number set up with my address.
I left the ovens shut hoping the cakes wouldn't completely ruin.
D-in-love came after g-daughter and I patiently waited for the repairman to show up . The message for estimated time of repair says by 5:00.
Thankfully I heard the truck coming up the drive just before 3:00. He fixed it quickly by just pushing the fuse back into the holder. It didn't even blow the fuse ,just jerked it out . He said this was the easiest fix he had had all day.
Ahhhhh  !!! back to work.  Luckily the layers in the bottom oven were perfectly cooked by staying in the closed oven and the cakes in the top oven finished cooking when the oven came back on. The only problem I had with these was one of them stuck to the pan and hubbie got 1/2 of a blackberry wine cake to eat for breakfast in the morning.
I worked around the house slowly all afternoon resting my knees all I could between jobs.
The sky clouded over this evening but we got no rain.
Hubbie came in from work and we watched the news then did chores in case a pop up rain storm hit our area.
No rain for us today.
Bible school continues without me this week and in these pics g-son looks like he is still having a fun week.

I spent the evening doing paperwork, payng bills and icing cakes finishing about midnight to fall into bed a very tired lady !!
God is so good and I love that He helps me everyday with all I do and blesses me undeservedly .
God Bless and Good Night.

No comments: